Sunday 13 September 2009

Wish me luck...

Ok so it's the 14th September, 05:45am. I have had 4 hours sleep after tossing and turning all night, which I suppose is better than the 10 mins sleep I got the night before my first placement. Don't need to up early, but the scout in me wants to be prepared. Nothing particularly important about today really, but its all new again. New uni campus, new lecturers, new way of traveling, and finally focused children's nursing.

Its been so long since i went into London regularly, and even then it was only really a straight through ride to some theatre or dance studio for rehearsals. It's didn't bother me in the slightest back then, but for some reason it now gives me serious jitters! I blame this on my new student oyster card. What on earth is it, and how do I use it? I am an Oyster virgin. I asked a few friends who could tel me how it all works. Touch in touch out, and yellow pads to put it on. Pay as you go credit, and e-travel cards. Why call it an Oyster? I hate oysters. Horrible slippery things. I have an irrational fear of seafood (yes this actually is true) maybe that is why I am having trouble getting to grips with using this thing.

In an attempt to adopt calmness I am listening to Kenny G for the first time since I was about 16. Its making me go a bit delirious. I feel like I need to go and put on some heals, a long 'dancing' dress, and swirl around the room (currently listening to a rather smooth version of "the look of love") Perhaps that will make me feel better. Yes i am gonna cha cha round the room, then hop in the shower.

Sorry for this random post but its helping me get my head round today. Slightly more sane post later, TTFN.

No comments: