Friday 25 September 2009

Week 2 :)




And so another week has passed, and we have now completed half of our module on child development. I made 4 of of the other girls pose for a picture with me under the university sign to celebrate this occasion. We had just had lunch in Nandos, and was off for the last lecture of the day. We are now half way through our Child Development module, and I passed my BLS (Basic Life Support) exam. University life is good. So far...

No longer a London virgin, I travel with ease on the underground. I swipe my oyster whilst chewing gum, texting, and listening to music. I half snooze on the train whilst instinctively knowing when my stop is. Its becoming second nature now, and it no longer worries or excites me.

As for the lectures, I am liking them. They are in big rooms set out like theatres/cinemas. Unfortunately we cant take food in, popcorn would have seemed applicable! I have to admit to struggling to keep awake on 2 occasions. On the whole everything has been fascinating. Smiley Stuart, the leader of this unit is very nice. He has two kids of his own, and is especially interested in Neurological stuff. As with all the lecturers this year, they all have a passion for children's nursing which is really encouraging to see.

As for me, I am very tired and very weary. I am really looking forward to laying in tomorrow. I'm going to spend some quality time with Rob and the kids. We are going to a friends babies 1st birthday party tomorrow, which I am really looking forward too. As nice as the uni girls are, I can't wait to catch up with my friends. It seems like it has been ages!


No comments: