Sunday 28 September 2008

My first big break!






It was coming up to 5pm, and Rob was mowing the lawn. I cant remember why, but I stepped out the back door, and felt my ankle give way. One of the kids scooters had been left strewn by the door, and it was on this that i tripped, and fell on with outstretched arms. My hand snapped back and i heard something go crack. Ouch! And with that it turns out I have a distal radial fracture to my left arm (or a broken wrist when I'm not trying to be cleaver) The weekend has gone by in a haze of pain, more juggling (one handed), and watching Rob be an absolute star. He has done so much for me, doing everything I cant do one handed (pretty much everything!) and to top it all off he has cleared out the cupboard under the stairs and converted it into my own private study area. I seriously love this man!!!!!

Its just what i needed, somewhere to study away from it all, but still be around. The final straw came when Alfie the dog ate the 3rd nursing book I had brought (I don't think he's fond of being left alone all day whilst I chase my dream!) Now I have somewhere to lock away my books safe from his stressed out paper chewing sessions.

No comments: